Draft for ‘ Legal Practitioners (Regulations and Maintenance of Standards in Professions, Protecting the Interest of Clients and Promoting the Rule of Law) Act, 2010’ on the website – request for suggestions – reg.
With reference to the above cited subject, it is informed that “ Legal Practitioners (Regulations and Maintenance of Standards in Professions, Protecting the Interest of Clients and Promoting the Rule of Law), Act,2010” is proposed for establishment of Legal Services Board on the lines of the Legal Services Board in U.K. suiting the Indian situation. A copy of the proposed Act is available on the website of Ministry of Law and Justice. Comments are invited from all the Stake Holders (Public in general/Legal Fraternity/Educationalist etc.) on the aforementioned proposal.
Any other suggestions regarding amendments in the proposed Act may also be sent within 30 days. The comments can be sent to the undersigned.
Joint Secretary & Legal Adviser
Tel. No. 23385383 Room No.406- A. Wing,
Shastri Bhawan New Delhi-110001.
THE PROPOSED DRAFT LAW CAN BE SEEN AT:
- End of BCI as we know it? Law min’s draft Bill to create lawyers’ super-watchdog | News | Legally India (yogeshnaiks-blawg.blogspot.com)
- Aondoakaa: Burden on Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (vanguardngr.com)
- The case for diversity: legal profession’s white, male legacy persists (guardian.co.uk)
- Can Citizens Advice do the work of the Legal Services Consumer Panel? (guardian.co.uk)
- Law firms may be forced to publish diversity figures (guardian.co.uk)