The aggrieved workers were not keen on continuing with the company and instead sought VRS from new management which was turned down by the company on the ground that the earlier scheme had lapsed in 1997. The Calcutta high court while upholding transfer of the ownership however, on October 10, 2001, directed the management to pay retirement, retrenchment benefits to the workers who were not keen to continue with their association in the company. As the management failed to comply with the direction, the workers appealed in the apex court.
- No forcible taking of vehicles on default of loan payment: SC (indialawyers.wordpress.com)
- Witness Examination Through Video Confrencing (indialawyers.wordpress.com)
- Age is just a number (indialawyers.wordpress.com)
- Witness Examination Through Video Confrencing (lawreports.wordpress.com)
- Supreme Court says it has sky-high powers to chase injustice (indialawyers.wordpress.com)